Monday, October 25, 2010

As people spin faster and faster in the pursuit of merely personal happiness, they become exhausted in the futile effort of chasing themselves.




12 hours spent stationary in the 3rd largest city in Indonesia known as Padang on my recent jet set to the Mentawais. With an open mind I spent my day talking with the youth of Indonesia. As enjoyable as the day was talking to such an amazing group of individuals it did only one thing, opened my eyes to the realization of the Australian society I am trapped in but would fear so greatly to leave. These young children go through everyday with nothing yet still have an ability to find a purpose. Yet so many of us have everything and fail to find happiness and satisfaction, have we lost the ability to find happiness from nothing? Are we no longer able to seek purpose through our relationships with others? Has our society reached the point that wealth and success are the only key ingredients to an individual’s happiness? Sadly I believe so! I am not saying that I am any different but I will take the challenge to change. To remove the words ‘I WANT’ from my vocabulary and be thankful for what I have. In every dull moment I will remind my self that more then half of the world is worse off then I. Those many things that I take for granted that these young children value so deeply. 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment